Frameless Glass Shower Doors
Do you need help with the installation of frameless glass shower doors? If yes, contact Glass Dawg right away. We’re a team of experts that want to help homeowners make the right buying decisions. Our goal is to ensure that you have the best glass fixtures in your home.
In addition to guiding you make the right buying decisions, we can also install a frameless shower door in your home. And, we use the finest glass products that last longer and serve their purposes effectively.
Frameless glass door showers are trending in San Antonio and other parts of the world. That’s because of their sleek elegance and aesthetic. This installation is very common in modern and luxurious homes due to its minimalist design.
What are Frameless Glass Shower Doors?
A frameless glass shower door is a panel of tempered glass. It’s strong and it does not have metal support. The minimalist design of these shower doors gives them a clean, modern, and elegant design. It’s also the reason why they are preferred by most homeowners.
Essentially, frameless shower doors that are made of glass are more stylish. The lack of a metal framing or hardware is the most distinctive aspect or feature of these doors. Traditionally, glass showers have used rubber, metal, and other materials to ensure that the glass is secured properly along the edges of their doors.
Frameless shower doors have changed this by not having a metal or rubber material anywhere. As such, they blend into the décor of a bathroom seamlessly without obstructing transparency. The tempered glass that is used to make these doors is much thicker. This ensures the durability and functionality of these doors.
If you want to rent or sell your home, upgrading it with a frameless will give it a more luxurious and modern feel, as well as look.
Advantages of Frameless Glass Doors
Maybe you are not sure whether to install a frameless glass door in your shower enclosure. Well, there are many benefits of installing this door instead of a framed glass shower door.
They include the following:
- Easy customization: Framed glass doors have been mass-produced in the ordinary standard sizes for years. However, frameless glass doors can be customized fully. That means you can easily find a frameless glass door that fits your shower enclosure. To ensure that water does not leak, the glass panes are fitted to the shower space dimensions properly. Thus, you get tailored precision when you install a frameless glass door.
- Modern aesthetic: The minimalist design is the major reason why frameless shower doors have become increasingly popular home upgrades. With this design, these doors do not look bulky since they don’t have a rubber or metal seal. Instead, they feature a modern, trendy, aesthetic, and a sleek look.
- Corrosion-free: A common reason to replace a metal-framed shower door is a corroded metal. Frameless shower enclosures do not feature metal hardware. And this eliminates the corrosion risk. As such, installing a frameless shower door will save you the money that you would spend on framed shower door replacement. What’s more, a frameless glass door lasts longer while looking fresh for years.
- Better property value: The bathroom and the kitchen are the major show-stoppers when it comes to selling a home. An upscale, classy frameless shower door increases the value of a home. It can even make somebody want to buy your home faster. Thus, the installation of a frameless shower door is a great upgrade when you want to increase the selling potential of your property.
- Opening up space: Frameless glass doors create an illusion of a larger bathroom space because they do not have shower curtains or a bulky frame to segment it. Essentially, a frameless door can’t add space in terms of square footage. However, the transparent panels create an airy, open feel that makes space seem larger.
- Easy maintenance: Cleaning a frameless glass is easier than cleaning a framed glass door. That’s because it doesn’t have hardware where dirt or mold can collect. What’s more, water won’t collect on the door because there are no rubber or metal seals. Thus, mold won’t grow in your door.
Frameless glass doors are timeless installations. They look great for years. This explains why many homeowners choose them when upgrading their bathrooms.
Disadvantages of Frameless Glass Doors
Despite having many advantages, frameless glass doors have their disadvantages. Here are some of the downfalls of frameless glass doors.
- Cost: The high upfront cost is a major concern for most homeowners. These doors cost more because they use a sturdier and thicker glass.
- Less privacy: Frameless glass doors are transparent. As such, some people feel that they are too revealing, especially where families have small children and a shared bathroom.
Overall, frameless glass doors have more pros than cons. Their maintenance is easy because they do not have a frame. Thus, cleaning them is easier than cleaning framed doors with a frame that can collect moisture and soap scum over time.
Let Glass Experts Help You
Glass Dawg has highly trained and experienced professionals with the right tools to install or replace your glass shower door. We’re committed to ensuring that every client gets quality glass doors installed on their shower enclosures. We specialized in the installation of frameless glass doors in San Antonio, and the surrounding areas. If you need the help of an expert to install a frameless glass door, contact us right away.
Call us now to get the help of experts that have been installing frameless glass shower doors for years!