Window Glass Replacement in San Antonio
Does your car have a cracked windshield? If so, you need a professional auto windshield glass replacement. It’s easy to yield to the temptation of driving a vehicle with a faulty windscreen. That’s because you probably have a busy life that leaves you no time to take your car to an auto body repair shop. However, Glass Dawg simplifies the process of replacing a faulty windscreen.
If your car has cracked windshield glass, we can replace it anytime and conveniently. Whether you own an older or the latest vehicle model, we can give you a free replacement estimate over the phone and book you a slot when convenient for you. Thus, you don’t have to waste your precious time queuing at our auto body repair shop. Instead, you visit us, drop your vehicle, and pick it at your convenient time.
Reasons to Replace a Faulty Auto Windshield Glass
Some motorists don’t pay attention to the vehicle’s windshield condition. That’s why you may notice somebody driving a car with cracks or chips on the windshield. While this negligence may arise from ignorance, driving a vehicle with a faulty windscreen is a safety hazard. Car owners that know the importance of a windshield give it the attention it deserves.
The purpose of a windshield is to protect the driver and passengers against dust, heavy winds, stones, debris, accidents, and severe impacts. This component gives your car its structural integrity. It also ensures proper visibility when driving. Additionally, the windshield facilitates adequate deployment of the airbags during an accident. Therefore, you should hire competent experts to repair your auto windshield glass when cracked or chipped as quickly as possible.
Here’s why you may want to replace your auto windshield glass:
- Cracks: If your car’s windshield has a crack starting or ending at its edge, you should hire us to replace it. What’s more, you should hire us to replace the windshield if a crack damages the polyvinyl butyral layer. Essentially, such a windshield crack causes significant structural loss. Thus, repairing it isn’t a wise decision. Repairing a windshield with such a crack can compromise the glass integrity. Therefore, bring your vehicle to us for windshield replacement.
- Irreparable Chips: Not every windshield chip is repairable. A chip exceeding 40mm in diameter necessitates windshield replacement. Additionally, chip damage penetrating both windshield glass layers makes replacement necessary. What’s more, you can repair two chips only. Thus, if your auto windshield has more than two chips, you should hire experts to replace it.
- Incorrect Windshield Installation: Maybe you’ve noticed a whooshing sound when driving your vehicle despite closing the windows. In that case, your car might have an inappropriately fitted windshield that needs replacement. A rattling sound when driving could also be a sign of improper windscreen installation. Wavy patterns on the windshield glass, poor clarity, and light distortion are also signs of poor windshield installation. If the previous windshield installers allowed you to drive the vehicle immediately after the process, it means the adhesives didn’t have adequate time to cure. Thus, the glass might have shifted, leading to faulty installation.
If your car has any of these signs, we can replace its windshield glass. Our crew has the necessary equipment, skills, experience, and tools to replace the current windscreen with a new one.
Why You Shouldn't Ignore the Need for Auto Windshield Glass Replacement
Ignoring a windshield that requires replacement can be dangerous because it can lead to these hazards:
- Low visibility: Damage in your vision line can hinder visibility. What’s more, chips on the windshield can reflect light, making it vulnerable to accidents. Therefore, windshield replacement is necessary when your car has a large crack or chip on it.
- Compromised structural support: Incorrectly fitted or damaged windshields can’t provide the structural support your vehicle needs. That means the windshield might collapse or cave in during a rollover. And this can lead to fatal injuries to the passengers and the driver.
- Airbag Malfunction: An incorrectly installed or faulty windshield can’t support proper airbag deployment. And this is among the essential functions of the car’s windscreen. Consequently, a defective windshield makes the vehicle’s occupants vulnerable to severe injuries during a collision.
Your vehicle’s windshield is undoubtedly a crucial safety element. If your car has a faulty windshield, don’t hesitate to bring it to Glass Dawg for professional replacement.
Superior Auto Windscreen Glass Replacement
We offer easy, professional, and efficient windscreen glass replacement to our clients in San Antonio, Texas, and nearby areas. Our crew installs windshields that ensure the safety of our clients on the road. Here’s what our faulty windshield replacement entails.
- We discuss the process of removing and installing the new windscreen with you.
- Our technicians remove the faulty windshield and its installation products wholly and safely.
- We use advanced adhesives, primers, and technology to install a new windshield on your vehicle.
- We clean the windows and vacuum broken glass from your car.
- Our technicians will tell you about the duration to wait before driving away after installing the new windshield.
We have highly trained technicians with vast hands-on experience replacing windshields. What’s more, we can replace the windshield in any vehicle. Contact us now for quality auto windshield glass replacement in San Antonio, Texas!